British Columbia-based Arc’teryx, the ‘global design company specializing in technical, high-performance apparel, outerwear and equipment’, will be offering, ‘immersive travel experiences designed to give participants unrivalled access to wild places through its new Arc’teryx Trips program’.
Launching next year and available for booking now, the Summer/Fall 2020 program features 11 guided, small group trips to ten ‘wildly remote’ destinations around the world. Each of the excursions in the program is centred around the main sports Arc’teryx makes products for, including mountaineering, trail running, rock climbing, and hiking/trekking.
Each experience will move active adventurers to the next level of technical expertise alongside like-minded explorers and elite guides. All guides chosen to lead each trip were selected by Arc’teryx and all are certified by IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Association), ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) or AMGA (American Mountain Guide Association) to ensure safety, local knowledge and skills’ development.
George Weetman, Vice President of Brand & Digital Commerce, said, “Arc’teryx is founded on the idea that there is always a better way. Our products are designed with solutions for the outdoor elements in mind, and through our new Arc’teryx Trips program, we’re rethinking the way that people experience spectacular and remote destinations by providing an immersive experience to put our products to the ultimate test.”
The brand’s first program will include the following destinations for the Summer/Fall 2020 season, running June-September (program’s descriptions):
- Chamonix (France) – Explore the best climbs in Chamonix, home to some of the highest peaks in Europe.
- Chilcotins (Canada) – Take a trail running journey through British Columbia’s backcountry, with mountainous terrain, forests, plateaus and crystal-clear mountain lakes. A departure exclusively for female runners will also be offered.
- Corsica (France) – Located off the coast of France, Corsica offers once-in-a-lifetime trail running adventures, from cliffs to mountains to coasts.
- Dolomites (Italy) – Experience the largest and most spectacular limestone climbing area in the European Alps with steep towers rising up to 5,250 feet.
- Ghost River Valley (Canada) – Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the climbing in the region offers a wide variety of styles from modern, bolted sport routes to traditional multi-pitch climbs.
- Grand Tetons (U.S.) – Discover one of the classic North American mountaineering and rock-climbing experiences in Wyoming’s Grand Tetons National Park. This trip is offered exclusively to female climbers.
- Swiss Alps (Switzerland) – The Swiss Alps is what postcards were made for, and this trail running experience showcases the region’s peaks and valleys in the most personal and challenging way.
- Titcomb (U.S.) – Run past lakes and glaciers in Wyoming’s gorgeous Titcomb Basin, where the sights are as awe-inspiring as the terrain is challenging.
- Tombstones (Canada) – Trek through one of the Yukon’s most spectacular wilderness regions in Tombstone Territorial Park, framed by a dramatic landscape of tundra and wind-carved mountains.
- Wind River (U.S.) – Discover extraordinary alpine climbing in Wyoming’s Cirque of Towers, complemented by some of the most stunning scenery in the Wind River Range.
The individual experiences are now open for registration and, depending on the destination, space will be available for between four to 12 guests, allowing participants to have a more personalised experience with their guide. The cost for each Arc’teryx Trips experience will range from USD$2,300 – $7,600 per person, including taxes. For more information about the program, details about expertise needed, recommended supplies and booking, click here.