In partnership with Polartec, Ridge Merino has debuted Women’s Crowley Compression Merino Wool Tights, a high-performance alternative to traditional synthetic tights or yoga pants. Designed, tested and sewn in the U.S.A, the tights are made from a new compression version of Polartec Power Wool fabric technology, a bi-component knit that features both natural and synthetic fibres with soft Merino wool next-to-skin and durable synthetic fibres on the outside.
Jeff Russell, president of Ridge Merino, said, “For years, our design team collaborated with our athletes, our customers and outdoor enthusiasts to understand what they wanted in a compression Merino wool tight. The product needed to fit great, perform technically and incorporate natural materials. We realized early on that Polartec was the perfect partner, based on their commitment to innovative and sustainable textile solutions.”
For winter running and long-distance hiking in mind, the Merino wool tights feature a highly durable exterior and a comfortable interior that allows for natural movement while on the pavement or trail. According to Russell, the response has been positive with customers calling the tights a “Game changer for winter workouts” and the “Holy Grail of performance leggings.”
Polartec Power Wool fabric consists of a unique plated construction that places high quality merino wool next to the skin to moderate body temperature, wick away moisture, and fight odour, and synthetic fibres on the exterior which enhance stretch and maximise movement without any restrictions.
Offering superior shape retention and wind resistance, the compression Merino wool tights gently squeeze the legs in all the right places, offering optimal support to help alleviate muscle fatigue and improve post-workout recovery. Natural fibres feel great next to skin and deliver warmth in harsh conditions.
Polartec Vice President of Marketing and Creative Director David Karstad, said, “Ridge’s attention to technical detail, and their innovative use of our new compression Polartec Power Wool fabric, is exactly the type of collaboration we’re looking for. We are always interested in partnering with companies who seek creative, new applications for our fabrics.”
Features of the Crowley Tights include:
- Patented bi-component knit fabric combines the best of both natural and synthetic fibres
- Advanced synthetics (nylon + spandex) on exterior provide compression and durability
- Soft Merino wool twill knit puts natural fibres next-to-skin and provides extra warmth and wicking power not possible with typical fully synthetic tights
- Odour resistant
- Side pocket with bonded flap
- Mid-waist fit keeps wearer covered during any activity
- Tight compression knit has superior shape retention and is wind resistant
- Made in USA: designed and tested in Mammoth Lakes, California and sewn in San Francisco